No-Bake Lemon Passionfruit Cheesecake Recipe
The inspiration for this no-bake lemon & passionfruit cheesecake recipe was a friend’s birthday party that was being held at the park. I was inspired to do a photo shoot in the open incorporating the trees, grass, bench and a beautiful lake. If you follow me on Instagram you know that I love making tarts and cheesecakes and my community has nick-named me the “Queen of Tarts”. There’s so much you can do with cheesecakes and photographing them has always been a breeze.
I’ve always made healthy cheesecakes and tarts but for this No-bake lemon & passionfruit recipe I went a little bit decadent and sweet. The base is made from biscuits and the filling from condensed milk infused with lemon and passionfruit with an additional lemon curd layer.
What is a No-Bake Cheesecake?
In-case you’re familiar with the traditional baked cheesecakes, No-bake cheesecake is just as the word states-Not baked. It’s an easier way of making cheesecakes and take the hustle away from having to use your oven. While traditional cheesecakes contain eggs in the filling that need to be cooked, no- bake cheesecakes give you the flexibility to include in your filling and base things that you’d normally eat without being cooked. And although there’s no baking, you require to set the cake in the fridge for a few hours.
Secret to the Perfect No-Bake Lemon & Passionfruit Cheesecake Recipe
- You require a base- This could be anything that is readily edible and requires no baking. Anything from biscuits, cookie dough, oats etc.
- A filling also that is edible. Like a fruit puree, condensed milk, sweetened milk etc.
- A thickener. I prefer using a vegan thickener like agar agar powder but feel free to use gelatin or corn starch.
- Make sure to set the cheesecake for hours in the fridge. Preferably overnight or anything from 3 hours.
Other No bake Cheesecakes/Tarts
Lemon & Passion Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- Spring form tin
- cooking pot
- 1 packet biscuits
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 lemons to make lemon juice
- 3 passion fruits
- 1 can cream cheese
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 lemon juice + zest
- 2 tbsp sugar
Make the Crust
- Add the biscuits into a plastic bag and beat with a rolling pin until fine. You may as well use a blender to break down the biscuits
- Add butter and mix together. It should look like wet sand
- Press this mixture into the spring form tin and press down evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour
Make the Filling
- Using an electric mixture,on medium speed, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth and creamy.
- Add in lemon juice and passion fruit
- Pour this mixture into the tin with the crust and refrigerate overnight.
- Pulse sugar and zest together to infuse
- separate yolks and whites and beat the yolks
- add the sugar mixture and lemon juice together until well dissolved
- in a sauce pan, under low heat cook the mixture until it thickens
- Strain in a mesh wire and pour it on top of the cheesecake
- Let cool then serve