Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream and Marshmallow
This red velvet hot chocolate is creamy, rich and perfectly flavored with chocolate and red food coloring to bring out a vibrant red drink topped with whipped cream and marshmallows. The drink comes together in less than 5 minutes and is perfect for Valentine’s Day evening or morning.
There’s everything to love in this red velvet hot chocolate. From the warmth and chocolatey flavor to the red color and the icing on the cake being the whipped cream with marshmallows. The base of the drink is milk, sugar, cocoa and chocolate. I used a full fat milk for extra creaminess. The chocolate was also for additional richness and who doesn’t love chocolate anyways.
I went with a red velvet hot chocolate for the sweet flavor of red velvet and ofcos the color. You can add as much as you wish to get the desired color, I went with a really red color since it’s Valentines. The frosting is optional and you can opt to make your own. I used store bought whipped cream and the marshmallows just finish everything of.
This recipe makes enough for two since well, I’m hoping you’re spending Valentines day with your better half and if not enjoy it with your best friend. You can definitely modify the recipe if you need to make more.
Tips For Making The Creamiest Red Velvet Hot chocolate;
- Use milk with at least 2% fat content, full fat is better. This will result in a creamy delicious drink.
- Use high quality cocoa powder. The idea is for the drink to be full of chocolate.
- Add chocolate. On top of your cocoa powder add some more chocolate for richness. I used compound milk chocolate from Dairyland.
- The food coloring is optional. However if you want your hot chocolate red you need to use some food coloring. Go for the gel food coloring as it’s dense and you’ll require just a few drops.
- Serve with whipped cream and marshmallows for more decadence.
This will become my favorite drink for the holidays as I can modify the recipe however I wish. It’s bright, creamy and super delicious. There’s nothing better than a warm cup of creamy, delicate hot chocolate on a cold Valentine’s Day. Try it and let me know. Check out these other Valentine Recipe Ideas.
Love & Light,
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate With Whipped Cream and Marshmallow
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Compound milk chocolate
- 2 drops Red gel food coloring
- Whipped cream and Marshmallows to serve
- Heat milk and water in a saucepan on low heat. Add cocoa powder and whisk until combined.
- Add chocolate and sugar and keep whisking until the sugar is incorporated and the chocolate melts.
- Add red food coloring and mix until you get the color you want. I went for a really red color as this is a Valentine idea drink.
- Remove from heat and pour in a glass. Serve with whipped cream and marshmallows.