Mini Chocolate Tarts With Oreo
What better combination in a tart than chocolate and Oreo biscuits? These mini chocolate tarts are no-bake, so delicious with the base made from Oreo biscuits.
The Base, is a simple mixture of Oreos and coconut oil. Simply crush Oreo biscuits until fine then combine with coconut to form a wet-sand like mixture. Pat this unto your mini tart tins and refrigerate for an hour.
The Filling, melted chocolate chips, I added cacao powder to intensify the flavor and color. I then heat coconut milk over medium heat then added the melted chocolate. I used agar agar powder to thicken the mixture and agave syrup to sweeten the filling. This recipe is quite simple and the explosion of flavors between the chocolate filling and the Oreo base is quite amazing.
The tart can be enjoyed as it is but if you like you may decide to decorate this mini chocolate tarts with Oreo base with any of the following toppings;
- More chocolate
- Fresh fruits like blueberries, bananas
- A dusting of cacao powder
- Oreos either crushed or in different sizes
If you make these mini chocolate tarts with Oreo, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as I’d love to see your creations. You may also try out these other mini tarts below that I’ve made before.
Other Mini Tarts:
Mini Chocolate Tarts with Oreo Base
- Mini Tart tins
- 1 packet Oreo biscuits
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Agave syrup
- Chocolate chips
- 2 tsp Agar agar powder
- Crush biscuits in a plastic bag until its fine
- Combine crushed biscuits with coconut oil to make a wet sand-like mixture
- Press mixture into tart tins. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour as you make the filing.
- Pour coconut milk in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Melt chocolate chips and add cacao powder as you stir.
- Add this chocolate mixture to the coconut milk boiling then add in agar agar powder/gelatin and stir. This will thicken the mixture and help it set.
- Let it cool for 5 mins and pour it in the tart tin. Refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!