Easy Perfect Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Cinnamon rolls have always become a staple in my house. I enjoy making and eating them. They’re perfect for breakfast or as a snack option. This recipe is just so easy and it’s going to the basics of making perfect cinnamon rolls. They are so soft and fluffy and will definitely have your mouth watering.
Basic Ingredients For Easy Perfect Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Warm Milk. Any whole milk will work just fine. I used almond milk as I’m lactose intolerance.
- Sugar. This is essential to feed the yeast and also sweeten the cinnamon rolls
- Yeast. Either instant or dry active. I’d recommend Instant yeast for a faster result as dry active takes longer to rise.
- Butter. I recommend unsalted as you don’t not need any more salt added to the cinnamon rolls. You’ll need butter for the dough as well as for the filling.
- Flour. Any all purpose flour will do. This is the base for the rolls.
- Salt. This helps balance the sugar and helps it not turn out plain.
- Cinnamon. What would cinnamon rolls be without cinnamon?
How To Make Cinnamon Rolls
- Make the dough first. Mix the milk, sugar, yeast and butter, add the flour to make a cohesive mixture then kneed with your hands for 5 minutes until it gets soft plump dough. Rest it for 10 minutes to relax the yeast.
- Shape and roll the dough. Roll the the dough into a rectangle and spread the butter evenly then spread the cinnamon mixture all through. Roll the dough into a long sausage like shape and use a string or floss to cut into equal round shapes.
- Let the rolls proof for 1 hour. This is the only rise time for the rolls so give them time.
- Bake. After they’re done rising, bake them at 180 degrees C for 30 mutes.
After baking, you can let these cinnamon rolls cool for about 10 minutes then enjoy with cream cheese icing or as is for an easy prefect recipe. Looking for more easy breakfast ideas check out this Chia pudding recipe. Also check out my Instagram to learn the composition techniques I used to compose these images.
Love & Light,
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Warm milk (Almond milk)
- 1 tsp Instant yeast
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Start by waring the milk, put it in a large bowl. Add the egg and sugar and mix together.
- Add the yeast and combine then add the softened butter. WHisk until the butter melts.
- Add the flour and mix using a wooden spoon until it comes together. Transfer unto a clean surface and the dough for about 5 minutes until the dough is soft and not sticky.
- Let the dough sit for about 10 minutes just to relax the yeast and not to proof.
- As it rests, mix the filling, sugar a nd cinnamon and set aside.
- Once the dough has rested, transfer onto a floured surface and roll into a rectangle, 1/4 inch thick. Spread the softened butter evenly onto the dough and sprinkle the sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Roll the dough into a long sausage-like shape and using a string or floss, cut the shape into equal circular shapes.
- Transfer these rolls into a lined baking tray and let the dough proof for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C and bake the rolls for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let them cool and enjoy.